About Judi Hampton
- 1998-Present: President, Blackside, Inc., Boston
Blackside is the producer of award-winning documentary films for public television, including Eyes on the Prize, The Great Depression, and This Far by Faith.
- 1990-Present: President, Judi Hampton Public Relations, Inc., New York and Boston. Company's current focus is on training, professional development, and executive coaching.
- 1985-1996: President, Judi Hampton Public Relations, Inc., New York
During this period, JHPR was a full service public relations consulting firm that specialized in media, community, and government relations. Clients included corporations, small businesses, non-profit organizations, and cultural and educational institutions.
1980-Present, Teaching/Educational Experience
- 2007-present: Instructor, Northeastern University College of Professional Studies: Cross Cultural Communications, English II – The Essay, and Professional Speaking and Presentations
- 1990-present: Seminar Leader of business management and professional development seminars on variety of topics. Presents seminars to all levels of professionals for Cornell University ILR School, Boston University Corporate Extension Center, the United Nations, Mercer Company, Performance Training Institute, and others
- 1989-present: Woodrow Wilson Fellow: Guest lecturer/professor in communications, history and social issues, and business subjects. Program has involved week-long visits to over twenty campuses across the country
- 1992: Guest Lecturer, New York University Management Institute: Public Relations,
- 1992-1996: Adjunct Professor, New School for Social Research: Public Relations
- 1988-1998: Adjunct Professor, Baruch College: Business Communications
- 1987-1988: Adjunct Professor, City College, City University of New York: Public Relations
- 1985-1986: Guest Lecturer, Columbia University Journalism School: Media Studies
- 1980-1982: Adjunct Professor, Howard University: Public Relations, 1980-1982
Additional Corporate and Teaching Experience
- 1969-1985: Mobil Corporation. More than sixteen years of professional and managerial accomplishments in corporate public affairs. Acted as senior spokesperson to all media, assessing public affairs needs, and initiating and managing high visibility programs. Served as Mobil's first full-time Media Spokesperson and acted as director of Consumer Affairs. Created a successful communications and public relations program in Mobil's Washington, D.C. office. Acted as a Mobil liaison with foreign journalists. Staffed and managed public affairs field positions in Exploration and Producing Division. Experience included both domestic and international assignments.
- 1964-69: Staff Assistant, Mayor Lindsay's Urban Task Force Responsible for corporate liaison program
- 1964: Freedom School Teacher, Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) Director, Head Start Pre-School Center, New York City
- Boston Language Institute, TESOL Certificate
- Cambridge College
Master's in Education, 2004
- Columbia University
B.S. in Comparative Literature, 1967
- Advertising Women of New York
- Black Public Relations Association
- National Speakers Association
- Public Relations Society of America
- Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals
- Women's Economic Roundtable
- Women in Government Relations
- International Training and Communications
- 2006-present: Member, Board of Trustees of the Esplanade Condominiums
- 1999-present: Managing Director, Blackside, Inc.
- 1993-1994: Member, Board of Trustees, Westminster College
- 1992: Board Member: Women's Action Alliance